I have been watching this 1 year old for about 4 months now. He used to be very content with me and seemed to really enjoy the time that we spent together. Lately, however, the tables have turned. He is discontent all day long, constantly whining and frustrated and continues to be so around his parents. The only way that I can get him to calm down is to take him outside, for a ride in the car or to the store. I have previously stated that I do not think that having a nanny take care of you at such a young age could have an adverse effect, or even be noticed, but something is telling me that I am wrong. Everything about this child's behavior is screaming "I need my mommy" and I don't think he is going to get what he wants.
How am I going to enable this child's social and emotional growth without disconnecting his relationship with his parents while continuing to allow more stability and comfort with me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Allie-im sitting here bored at work, (the usual) and I took the time to read your blog! Honestly, you need to keep blogging, and publish this! I wouldn't have the slightest clue of how to raise someone else's child, but I do agree with you on a lot of the points you made. I think a lot of parents need to read your blog before they decide to surrender their own capabilities of parenting before allowing someone else to enjoy the liveliness and youth of their children. You seem to have a lot of patience and compassion for your career, so keep it up!! Parents should feel so appreciative and comfortable knowing that there are people like you to treat their children as if they are your own. Your writing is very interesting, and you neeed to become an author lol!
ReplyDelete